ARCHITEKTONICKÉ PRVKY FARSKÝCH A FILIÁLNYCH KOSTOLOV HRADNIANSKEHO ARCHIDIAKONÁTU NITRIANSKEJ DIECÉZY ZAČIATKOM 18. STOROČIA
(Architectural Patterns of the Parish and Filial Churches in the Arch‑Deanery of Hradná in the Diocese of Nitra in the Early 18th Century)
Abstract: The history of the Arch‑deanery of Hradná in the area of the Diocese of Nitra goes back to the 12th century. The study examines how the territory of the Arch‑deanery of Hradná changed in the 17th and 18th centuries in the context of major historical events. It also interprets first written evidence about ornamentation and architectural patters of selected churches in the area, based on the earliest visitation protocol by the Nitra canon Ladislav Söréni in 1714, soon after the last uprising of Francis II Rákóczi. Major changes took place especially at the Bánov estate which was owned by the Jesuit collegium in Skalica. Several churches were reconstructed in the Baroque style in the studied period.
Authors: Ďurčo, Marek
Source: Konštatínove listy, 2016, vol. 9, number: 1, pages: 91-109 (PDF file)
Key words: THE DIOCESE OF NITRA, THE ARCH‑DEANERY OF HRADNA, CHURCH ARCHITECTURE, THE NITRA CANON LADISLAV SORENI