BAROKOVÁ VÝZDOBA FARSKÝCH A FILIÁLNYCH KOSTOLOV KATEDRÁLNEHO ARCHIDIAKONÁTU NITRIANSKEJ DIECÉZY V PRVEJ TRETINE 18. STOROČIA
(Baroque Ornamentation of Parish and Filial Churches of the Cathedral Archdeaconry of Nitra Diocese in the First Three Decades of the 18th Century)
Abstract: The Cathedral Archdeaconry was in integral part of the Nitra Diocese from its renewal in the beginning of the 12th century. From the medieval period onward it consisted of a relatively small administrative area surrounding the episcopal town of Nitra. The focus of our study is primarily on artistic ornamentation, architectural peculiarities, and the specifics of parish and filial churches within the Archdeaconry, examining its inner furnishing as well as the changes that took place in the course of the first three decades of the 18th century. The Latin canonic visitation of the Cathedral Archdeaconry of Nitra Diocese from 1732 provides an interesting view on the situation of this ecclesiastical organization unit in the bishopric, namely the parishes of Branč, Jarok, Močenok, Nitra, Pohranice, and Sokolníky. The cathedral Church of St. Emeram was constituted as an autonomous organizational and economic unit at the time of the visitation.
Authors: Ďurčo, Marek
Source: Konštatínove listy, 2017, vol.: 10, issue: 2, pages: 151-164 (PDF file)
Key words: DIOCESE OF NITRA, CATHEDRAL ARCHDEACONRY, PARISH AND FILIAL CHURCHES, BAROQUE ARCHITECTURE, 18TH CENTURY